The Parish Finance Council functions as a consultative body to the Pastor.
The Council ensures that an adequate system of internal controls is in place to guide the parish in caring for and managing financial resources and temporal goods. The Parish Finance Council observes all policies and procedures outlined in the Parish Financial Management Handbook.
The Finance Council is to provide a means by which the Pastor receives expert help in caring for the temporal goods of the parish. It fosters a climate of openness and participation by ensuring the adherence to responsible financial policies. The Finance a Council should provide the Pastoral Council regular and timely reports on the status of the parish and the work activity of the Parish Finance Council.
The Parish Finance Council:
- Is an important part of the parish community;
- Advises the Pastor on parish financial affairs;
- Helps with budgeting and financial reports to the Diocese;
- Provides consultation concerning any commitment of parish resources in excess of $15,000;
- Helps with reports to the parish community;
- Meets at least quarterly and keeps minutes of meetings;
- Maintains professional confidentiality.
CURRENT FINANCE COUNCIL MEMBERS 2015-2016
Father Cesar Ageas, President
Norm Chavez, Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Bollinger, Member
Gary Brittner, Member
Deacon Mark Ruiz, Advisor